translation


17 August 2008

Day 10: Targetted Craigslist Traffic: Way too easy…

This is a guest post on “Targetted Craigslist Traffic: Way too easy…” by Steve Mount. His site is: http://www.ebookaddict.org

I wanted to share some strategies of my own about what I’ve been doing to increase traffic to my website without investing a penny of my money. I haven’t been doing this very long at all and I already feel like a million bucks!

It’s pretty amazing to think that less than two months ago, all I was doing on my computer was playing video games and wasting literally years of my life away with nothing to show for it. It makes me sick to think of all that precious time I’ve just thrown out of the window … ugh

There have been a few great people on here who have inspired me to take action and wouldn’t you know it, I’ve pocketed an extra $1,000 in my pocket last month.


That is a ton of money when you’re struggling to pay bills and living each week paycheck to paycheck!

In this write up, I’m going to assume that you have a product of your own to sell. If you don’t have a product yet, I suggest becoming an affiliate and promoting someone else’s products! It works exactly the same in the long run. Go check out some of the products over at Clickbank.com or Commission Junction (CJ.com)

Ok enough of the rambling, here’s what I have been doing and how it works.
======================

I use primarily two different websites for massive amounts of free traffic. Craigslist and YouTube. For this post, I’m just going to cover my Craigslist tactics. My YouTube traffic will be in an upcoming post so stay tuned for that

Using Craigslist:

Folks, Craigslist is almost too good to be true. It is simply AMAZING for internet marketing. I’m sure you’re aware that it’s 100% free to use and not to mention that it gets just a little bit of Internet traffic each month (if you consider 9 BILLION PAGE VIEWS PER MONTH “LITTLE”…!) If you haven’t taken advantage of this site, you need to stop what you’re doing right now and follow these steps to start getting more traffic to your site or squeeze page in just a few minutes from now!

Step 1. Make a Craigslist account. Many people overlook this powerful aspect of Craigslist. I don’t know why since it’s absolutely free to sign up for… I make multiple accounts with different email addresses assigned to each. My first 10 postings for the week fall under my first account and email. So, that means I have 7 accounts and 7 unique email addresses. The huge advantage to signing up for an account is that you don’t have to confirm your email address after each posting. It’s a simple 3 step process for each ad when you’re logged in. PLUS you can see a list of all of your current, expired, and flagged listings (yes you will get a lot of ads flagged… this is completely normal)

Step 2. I only post approximately 10 ads per day on Craigslist in popular city listings. I don’t post anymore than this because I don’t want to SPAM the entire website with my product. You need to be professional about this. Spamming isn’t very professional, after all! You will want to find cities that have a large population and a lot of ads. The number of listings per city will show up as a number next to the For Sale sections in the major cities.

Now… a lot of people have the problem of knowing how to post identical ads across different cities. There are a few tricks to get around this.

TOP SECRET… Until Now…
Let me fill you in on the huge secret that tons of people have paid big money for on the WSO forum… Your standard boring text ads won’t cut it anymore. Your ads need to be PICTURES, not words.

Yep, I just let the cat out of the bag. I hope I don’t get sued for this lol

The entire picture is identical on each and every listing. It needs to be a clickable and hyperlinked .jpeg so that the customer can easily click your picture and be sent to your website.

Here’s the picture I use for ‘Cashing In on Craigslist’

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e…listad-2.jpg

This way, your ad is much better looking than a bunch of text and plus you can type whatever the heck you want to in your ad since the Craigslist computers can’t “read” the text on your image

I designed that picture myself… just let me know if you would like me to help you create a nice picture. I’ll create one for you for $20 (That was my ninja super stealth way of selling my designing skills to you … pretty sneaky huh?)

Step 3. Before you start posting, you need to make a list of 10 different ad titles. These can be fairly similar but they need to include different adjectives and words to make the titles as unique as possible. For example:

The Ultimate “Cashing In on Craigslist” guide and VIDEO Version 2.0
Discover my “Cashing In on Craigslist” System, eBook & Video!

You can see that they are very similar but are different enough so that the Craigslist computers won’t see enough similarity between the two. It will only take you about 10 minutes to come up with 10 unique titles.

Step 3. Make a spreadsheet to keep yourself organized. Here is my own personal spreadsheet that I made to organize what ads I have placed, what email address I used and what city I posted the ad in. You will need Microsoft Excel or something similar to view it.

Download it here: HTTP://WWW.EBOOKADDICT.ORG/CLMP/CRA…EADSHEET.ZIP

You need to be as organized as possible so that you don’t get confused, since all your ads are very similar! I can’t stress this enough. Organization is the key to success.

Step 4. Create a schedule and stick to it! I post 10 ads per day when I get home from my normal J.O.B. (I’m in the military so I can’t quit my job yet… lol) It takes me all of 5 minutes out of my day to do this. You will find that posting in the mid afternoon/early evening will get your listing a lot more exposure as it will sit at the top of the listings for that evening and throughout the night. Since I post 70 ads (10 per day, each day), I start over again with my first 10 ads by reposting them all once the week has restarted.

One thing I’ve learned about this process: DO NOT delete your old listings. Just repost everything again and leave the old ones up. A lot of people delete the old ads but I found out a problem that is probably still costing me some major leads and profits. Since I’ve been doing this awhile, you can’t see an example of what I mean, but when I would go to google.com, my ads would appear on the first page using various search terms which was AWESOME but then the links would go to a “User has deleted this listing” page!!! BAD BAD BAD news for me…

I don’t even want to know how many prospects I lost because of that. The morale of the story is… don’t delete your old listings.

=====================

This is pretty much what I do on Craigslist each and every day. It may not sound like much, but I wake up every morning to at least one sale if not more. And I didn’t pay a damn thing for advertising, nor will I ever. Since I have an email list form on my site as well, I get a ton of subscribers each day. And this is just for one product. They sky is the limit with this procedure, so GO NUTS!

I think you can see how powerful this is! Go out there and give it a shot guys I just spilled the beans on some valuable info, so don’t waste my efforts… haha

I’ll be releasing a new guide soon that explains this in more detail with an included video of the entire process.

I really hope this helps you and gets you even more motivated to use craigslist!

Regards,
Steve

No comments:

genius khaled